The CHSAA State Track & Field Meet has been converted into a two-day meet, this Saturday and Sunday.
Details on how the meet will run:
- There will be no prelims in running events. All events will be transitioned into timed finals.
- Field events will have four throws and jumps, without prelims. All will be finals. Judges will adjust and move participants as needed, and/or consolidate from two flights to one flight.
- Adjustments may be made for the starting heights of the pole vault and high jump to accommodate weather conditions and the number of participants.
- In the high jump, there will be two-inch increments until one jumper remains. He or she will determine the heights.
- Pole vaulters will have six-inch increments until one jumper remains. He or she will determine the heights.
- The uniform rules will be enforced without exception.
- Relay participants are not needed until teams turn in their relay card with the clerk. Therefore, they may make changes prior to check in for that race. Relay cards are in packs, and can be picked up at 6:30 a.m. Saturday.
- Gates will also open at 6:30 a.m. Saturday.
- The Unified/Paralympic and Special Olympic races will be combined into one event of a 100-meter dash at 10:30 a.m. Saturday.